2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (morsels) - use the good chocolate
If you want to add nuts its optional and you could put as much or as little as you want but no more than 2 1/2 cups of both chocolate and nuts.
1. In a separate bowl, stir flour, baking soda and salt together
2. Beat the butter until creamy, then add sugars and vanilla.
3. Add egg and yoke ONE AT A TIME. Mix well after each addition.
Once step3 is done, the rest is done by hand
4. Stir in flour mixture with a wooden spoon. Stop stirring once it’s all incorporated.
5. Add chips (nuts) and distribute evenly.
6. Form one or two logs with the dough, wrap it up and chill in freezer for at least 30 minutes. It can be kept in the freezer longer if wrapped up nice and tight.
7. Heat oven to 350 degrees and cut up the dough on cookie sheet at least an inch thick.
8. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
9. Get a glass of nice cold milk and enjoy a cookie (not optional)
Desta vez só escrevi a receita em inglês, para quem quiser em português, basta dizer ;)